The course is design to provide each candidate with sufficient knowledge and skills in order that trainee can operate the Forklift in a safe and competent manner. The course will cover forklift familiarity, including common language, driving skills, operational requirements, loading and unloading, stacking and hazard control.
At the end of the training candidates will be able to:
- Understand the principles of operating a FLT
- Demonstrate start-up & shut down procedures
- Operate the FLT in a variety of conditions
- Estimate weights and identify center of gravity of various loads
- Demonstrate load handling techniques
- Carry out refueling / charging of the FLT
This training program aimed to all personnel assigned by the management to drive and operate forklift truck as part of their normal duties.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive an IADC Certificate on Forklift Truck Operator.
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however refresher training is recommended every 3 years.