5 Day Course
This course is designed to provide the necessary knowledge and skills for the new operator to operate Dozer. Candidates will be trained on how to operate the machine in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and legislation requirement. The course is a combination of theory and practical session on which candidates will operate the machine with a given task. Candidates will undergo a 1-day theory and practical test on the last day of the training.
At the end of the training, delegates will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operator’s handbook and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Perform pre use checks.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Construct ramps and form and shape stockpiles.
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Position dump truck for loading as per loading procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
The course is designed for those personnel with little to no operational experience on the machine. If you already have experience in operating we offer a short duration to refresh your skills.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive a Certificate for Dozer Training.
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however refresher training is recommended for every 3 years.