1 Day Course
The aim of this course to give the delegates the basic safe working knowledge and use of an overhead crane along with simple slinging practices and the basic knowledge and use of correct lifting equipment.
The course is designed for the delegates to be able to leave here with basic practical & theoretical knowledge, for them to be able to carry out simple tasks and understand the dangers involved in Overhead crane work.
At the end of the training, Candidates will be able to:
- Identify and explain regulations, standards and terminology in lifting operations.
- Be able to carry out pre use inspections and use of pre-start operator’s checklist.
- Be able to assess load weights and centre of gravity.
- Be familiarize on the crane parts
- Demonstrate basic Banksman & Slinger practical skills.
- Understand basic crane functions
- Identify the Rigging Hardware and its use on lifting operation.
- Be able to operate the overhead travelling crane safe and effective manner during lifting operations.
The course is designed for those personnel assigned to work with overhead travelling crane as part of their daily task. It is also practical for the personnel with a responsibility in operating the overhead travelling crane lifting operations.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive a Certificate of Completion on Overhead Travelling Crane Training
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however refresher training is recommended for every 2 years.