8 Day Course
This course is designed to provide the necessary knowledge and skills for the new operator to operate tower crane. The course will be delivered in a combination of classroom preparation covering complex load charts, operating procedures, rules and regulations for operating tower cranes. Candidates will be trained on how to operate the crane in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and the site specific lifting plan, the safe selection and use of rigging, proper load attachment to the cranes and correct hand and radio signals. Candidates will also learn how to lift light and heavy loads and placement of these loads at predetermined locations.
At the end of the training, Candidates will be able to:
- Operate the tower crane safely and productively.
- Respond to the recognized signals for controlling crane operations.
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine maintenance
- Understand the capabilities of the equipment and any relevant safety precautions, including the out of service procedure.
- Operate safe-load indicators and overload warning devices.
- Understand the effect of the working radius on the lifting capacity of the machine.
- Recognize the principles of safe slinging, the types and capacities of lifting gear, security and balance of load.
This Course is designed if you have received no former training. If you already have experience operating Tower Cranes we offer a short duration to refresh your skills.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive a Certificate for Tower Crane Operator Training
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however refresher training is recommended for every 3 years.