5 Day Course
This course will give you foundation training and assessments in operating a Loading Shovel. This course is delivered through a combination of classroom based theory and practical assessments and you will be assessed through theory and practical tests.
At the end of the training, Candidates will be able to:
- Mount and dismount correctly and safely.
- Complete all pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures.
- Explain precautions to be taken for underground and overhead services and hazards.
- Prepare and configure the wheeled loading shovel for site and road travel.
- Carry out excavations from an embankment.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Explain loading/unloading procedures for machine transportation.
This Course is designed if you have received no former training. If you already have experience operating a Wheeled Loading Shovel we offer a short duration to refresh your skills.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive a Certificate of Wheeled Loading Shovel.
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however refresher training is recommended for every 3 years