3 Day Course
The course is designed to upgrade the training of a basic first aider into a rescue responder and become confident with the use of standard rescue tools and equipment in a different emergency scenarios during the training. Delegates are required to have a Basic First Aid course and demonstrate competency prior on taking the Advanced course. The training is combination of theory and practical exercise wherein delegates will be assessed on knowledge and skills gained after the course.
At the end of the training, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the aims and definitions of First Aid
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of a first aider
- Understand the legal requirements for first aid
- Assess a casualty
- Assist victim in a recovery position
- Understand the respiratory system
- Understand the circulatory system
- Understand what is CPR
- How to apply the CPR Assessment
- Understand what is an A.E.D. and its use
- How to deal a patient in Shock
- How to provide first to a patient suffering with wounds and bleeding
- How to provide first to a patient with head injuries
- How to deal with Burns
- How to provide first to a patient suffering from fractures
- Apply the procedures for casualty handling
The program is designed for employees who are required to provide emergency first aid and to respond to a medical emergency in a workplace.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive a Certification on Advanced First Aid
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however, refresher training is recommended for every 2 years.