3 Day Course
This course is developed to provide delegates a knowledge in dealing with dangerous goods for sea transfer by way of preparing, packing, offering or accepting. This course is designed as per International Maritime Organisation (IMO) rules that regulates the shipment of dangerous goods. The course covers such as packing, container traffic and stowage which was developed through International Maritime Dangerous Good (IMDG) Code that will serve as an international guideline to the safe transportation or shipment of dangerous goods or hazardous materials by water on vessel. Delegates will be assessed theoretically to ensure that knowledge all throughout the training.
At the end of the training, delegates will be able to:
- Understand what is IMDG (International Maritime Dangerous Goods) Code
- Identify what are dangerous goods
- Understand the application of IMDG Code
- Determine different types of dangerous goods
- Understand specification requirements for the packaging and shipping of dangerous goods
- Understand the correct procedure for positioning dangerous goods in a shipping container
- Identify marking, labelling and placarding dangerous goods
- Understand what information required for declarations of dangerous goods
- Understand pre-loading checks and acceptance procedures
- Understand personnel role and responsibilities
This course is designed for employees who are dealing with dangerous goods that involve preparation, packing, offering or accepting for maritime transfer.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive a certification of Dangerous Goods Awareness
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however refresher training is recommended for every 3 years.