1 Day Course
This course is designed to train delegates in the correct procedures and techniques to be followed when completing a rescue at height. The course is a combination of theoretical and practical sessions on which delegates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge and skills achieved during the training.
At the end of the training, delegates will be able to:
- Know the hierarchy of controls when carrying out work at height legislation.
- Understand emergency preparedness and rescue provision.
- understand the implications of suspension trauma and the importance of rescue provision.
- Understand how to use of self-relief technique during harness suspension trauma situations.
- Know and demonstrate harness inspection and fitness.
- Demonstrate casualty management and the application of temporary aids.
- Follow the instruction on the use of Rescue Kit.
- Simulated rescue on a suspended casualty using client’s rescue kit.
The program is designed for all personnel who will be working at heights. The training prepares all personnel who are required to be in attendance or work at heights operation in the event of an emergency.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive an IADC Certificate on Height Rescue.
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however, refresher training is recommended for every 2 years.