1 Day Course
This course is designed for delegates who successfully completed the basic rigger course. The course differentiates complicated lift and critical lift and define the requirements for each type of lift. Delegates will demonstrate their main duties and responsibilities, design a lift and state the requirements through lift plan and WIMs, conduct pre job meeting and confirm everyone’s role in the lift. During the training, all lifting equipment must be certified and checked and verify with banksman if load is slung correctly. Delegates will be assessed based on knowledge and practical skills performed during the training.
At the end of the training, Candidates will be able to:
- Understand the risks associated with Lifting Operations.
- Understand the responsibilities of a Lead Rigger.
- Understand the difference between general, complicated and critical lifts.
- Complete all necessary paperwork prior to carrying out lift.
- Give pre job toolbox talk and communicate with all involved personnel.
- Competently approve and supervise general and complicated lifts.
- Supervise Critical lifts.
The course is designed for personnel who have previously completed the basic rigger course and is assigned to supervise a lifts, design lift plans and persons in charge in the lifting operation. Candidates should hold a valid Basic Rigging certificate before training commences.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive Certification on Lead Rigger Training
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however refresher training is recommended for every 3 years.