½ Day Course
This program describes the safety requirements for lithium (primary) and lithium-ion (secondary) batteries that are used in battery packs. This covers also the normal and emergency conditions and applies to all personnel that use, store, and dispose lithium battery packs.
At the end of the training candidates will be able to:
- Understand the responsibilities in dealing lithium batteries.
- General hazards associated with lithium batteries.
- Identify the correct handling procedures and recommendations.
- Know the required storage for lithium batteries.
- Respect the risks and know to deal with an emergency.
- Aware of the waste management procedure.
This course is designed for every Individuals who are involved in shipping or transporting and handling small, medium or large lithium batteries either packaged alone or in, or with equipment. This includes both lithium ion and lithium metal batteries. This course may be taken by those needing Initial or recurrent training.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive a certificate on Lithium Battery Safety Awareness Training.
There is no re-validation period for this type of training, however, refresher training is recommended for every 2 years.