5 Day Course
This training programme is designed to provide knowledge and training for persons wishing to operate cranes offshore. The course prepares experienced onshore crane operators to be familiar and ready on crane operations in an offshore environment. This course consists of both theory and practical assessments.
At the end of the training, delegates will be able to:
- Explain relevant legislation.
- Identify different types of offshore cranes.
- Perform and demonstrate crane pre-operational checks
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the offshore crane operator.
- Familiarize to the main crane controls, operational safety systems, emergency safety systems, working limitations
- Understand rigging calculations
- Apply Safe rigging practices
- Perform wire rope inspection and care
This training is designed for personnel who have completed the Stage 1 training or Onshore Crane operators who wish to pursue career in an Offshore Environment.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive a Stage 2 Offshore Crane Operator.
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however, refresher training is recommended for every 2 years.