½ Day Course
The Permit to Work (PTW) course will provide candidates with a clear understanding on the definition and importance of the permit to work system. The course will define the guidelines on how to implement the procedure in analysing and assessing hazards to come up with the correct control measures. This course involves a combination of theory and practical application of the work permit system that includes a worksite inspection.
At the end of the training candidates will be able to:
- Understand the permit to work process
- Identify various types of work permits and its use
- Aware of the regulations concerning more hazardous work activities
- Understand their duties and obligations in law.
- Identify jobs the requires permit and non-permit jobs
- Understand permit completion responsibilities and requirements
This training course is designed for employees with duties involving the permit to work process and those requiring knowledge and understanding of the permit systems.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive Certification on Permit to Work Training.
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however refresher training is recommended every 2 years.