Articulated Dump Truck
4 Day Course
This course will give you foundation training and assessment in operating and maintaining dump trucks with an articulated chassis. You will recognize the risks associated with quick hitch devices and out how to use them safely. This course will be delivered with a combination of theory and practical assessments.
At the end of the training, delegates will be able to:
- Operate the machine to a minimum standard
- Understand regulations and legislation.
- Perform pre use checks.
- Prepare and travel dump truck (site and highway).
- Travel a rough, uneven ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – with and without load.
- Understand the capabilities of each machine and its purpose.
- How diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate
- Position dump truck for loading as per loading procedures.
- Perform shut down and securing procedures.
- Understand loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
The course is designed for those who wish to operate dump truck or authorized by the management. If you already have experience in operating we offer a short duration to refresh your skills.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive a Certificate on Articulated Dump Truck
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however refresher training is recommended for every 2 years.
Please contact us for more information