5 Day Course
The course provides knowledge and skills that required as a foundation for the safe and correct use of excavator, provides knowledge on Health and Safety Standard, proper procedures for the safe and efficient operation of excavator. Candidates will also learn the basic procedures on how to perform a pre-start check, hand signals and different techniques on the working operation of the equipment. The course delivery is consisting of classroom theory, a written assessment and focus more on practical hands on experience.
At the end of the training, delegates will be able to:
- Identify and explain regulations, standards and terminology.
- Assess site and Carry out pre start inspections on equipment.
- Understand excavator fundamentals and control.
- Demonstrate machine orientation and safe operation.
- Demonstrate proper start up and shut down protocol.
- Maneuver, steer and excavate using the equipment.
- Perform machine positioning and control.
- Understand trenching and maneuvering techniques.
The course is designed for those personnel assigned to operate excavator. It is also practical for the personnel with a responsibility for safe excavator operations. If you already have experience in operating we offer a short duration to refresh your skills.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive a Certificate for Excavator Operator Training.
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however refresher training is recommended for every 3 years.
Please contact us for more information