2 Day Course
The Helicopter Landing Officer Training Programme is design to equip candidates with the initial knowledge, understanding and skills required to perform the role of a Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) safely and effectively. The Helicopter Landing Officer is responsible for the day-to-day management of the helideck, associated helideck operations and supervision of the Helideck Assistants. The HLO will also be responsible for leading the initial response to a helicopter emergency on an offshore fixed, mobile, floating installation or vessel and leading the HDA helideck emergency response team during the emergency. The course is both theoretical and practical on which candidates will be required to show their level of knowledge and understanding gained from the training as they will be assessed base on the result.
At the end of the training program candidates will be able to:
- Be able to define the role of the HLO.
- Introduce delegates to various legislations and guidelines applicable to their workplace.
- Explain the emergency response requirements for an operational helideck and helicopter operations.
- Understand helideck physical characteristics
- To understand helideck systems and equipment
- understand helideck systems and equipment
- Identify typical hazards associated with helidecks and helideck operations
- Viewed equipment used in helicopter refuelling.
- Discuss various methods of supervising passenger handling.
- An appreciation of maintaining fuel records.
- To discuss various methods of supervising passenger handling.
- Been shown methods of handling freight.
- Seen various forms of documentation relating to manifests.
- understanding of how dangerous goods are identified, packaged, and labelled
- Understand meteorological requirements for offshore helicopter operations
- Understand standard radio communication protocols
- Aware of radio communication systems checks
- Identify the correct use of hand signals
- Understand typical helideck systems routine checks
This training program prepares all personnel who are required to be in attendance or work in a Helicopter operation such as landing and take-off. Candidates should hold a valid Helideck Assistant Training certificate prior to attending this course.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive an IADC Certificate on Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO).
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however refresher training is recommended for every 2 years.