½ Day Course
The MARPOL Awareness course provides the basic information about the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL) and its 6 annexes. Candidates will be assessed theoretically wherein they need to demonstrate a satisfactory level of knowledge.
The International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL) Awareness Training is an international convention covering prevention of pollution of the marine environment by ships from operational or accidental causes that covers the following topics:
- What is MARPOL
- Annex I, Regulations for the Prevention of Pollution by Oil.
- Annex II, Regulations for the Control of Pollution by Noxious Liquid Substances in Bulk.
- Annex III, Prevention of Pollution by Harmful Substances Carried by Sea in Packaged Form.
- Annex IV, Prevention of Pollution by Sewage from Ships.
- Annex V Prevention of Pollution by Garbage from Ships.
- Annex VI Prevention of Air Pollution from Ships.
The course is intended to all offshore personnel
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive a certification of MAPOL Awareness.
There is no revalidation period for this type of training.
Please contact us for more information