Rescue at Height
1 Day course
This course is designed to train delegates in the correct procedures and techniques to be followed when completing a rescue at height. The course is a combination of theoretical and practical sessions on which delegates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge and skills achieved during the training.
At the end of the training, delegates will be able to:
- identify and control hazards which may occur during rescue activities.
- aware of the legislative requirements governing working at height rescue activities
- understand the roles and responsibilities of those involved during rescue
- familiar with the variations of rescues that can be developed for operations and the planning requirements
- understand variety of rescue equipment available and the correct pre and post use inspection requirements in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations
- familiar to the correct procedures to follow when approaching a conscious and non-conscious casualty suspended at height
- know how to administer first aid to a casualty who has been suspended at height.
- familiar in the safe connection of various types of rescue equipment
- gain confidence to carry out a rescue at height with the use of various rescue equipment.
The program is designed for all personnel who will be working at heights. The training prepares all personnel who are required to be in attendance or work at heights operation in the event of an emergency.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive an IADC Certificate on Height Rescue.
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however, refresher training is recommended for every 2 years.
Please contact us for more information