Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Basic
½ Day Course
The training will provide the delegates with the ability to carry out pre-wearers checks, wearing and basic maintaining the breathing apparatus. The course also covers the practical use of this equipment and a written test to ensure a complete understanding of the course content about laws and regulations, breathing principals, hazardous gases and vapors, pre-operational checks, donning, wearing, doffing and storage.
At the end of the training candidates will be able to:
- Educate users of Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) to work safely and securely in applications under breathing protection.
- Understand laws and regulations
- Understand the breathing principles,
- Understand hazardous gases and vapors
- Familiarize to pre-use check of the SCBA,
- Practice donning and doffing procedures of the SCBA Unit
The initial training is designed to equip the delegate with the knowledge,
understanding and skills to use breathing apparatus safely in an emergency and employees who are working in hazardous areas with possibility of oxygen deficiency, explosion and toxics
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive an IADC Certification of Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Training.
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however refresher training is recommended every 2 years.
Please contact us for more information