Slinger / Signaller
1 Day Course
The course provides the basic information for the safe and correct use of lifting equipment and the role of Banksman and Slinger during the lifting operation. Candidates will learn hand and radio signals, different slinging techniques and safety precautions working with and around cranes. This training enables candidates to be familiar with the best practice to promote a safer environment for persons involved in the lifting operations.
At the end of the training, Candidates will be able to:
- Identify and explain regulations, standards and terminology in lifting operations.
- Be able to carry out pre use inspections on lifting equipment.
- Be able to assess load weights and centre of gravity.
- Understand SWLs and colour coding.
- Demonstrate basic Banksman & Slinger practical skills.
- Understand the types of Slings and Hitches and demonstrate its use.
- Identify the Rigging Hardware and its use on lifting operation.
- Be able to use both Hand and radio communication during lifting operations.
The course is designed for those personnel involve in the slinging of loads and signalling of cranes. It is also practical for the personnel with a responsibility for safe crane lifting operations.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive a Certificate of Banksman/Slinger
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however refresher training is recommended for every 3 years.
Please contact us for more information