8 Day Course
This course is for anyone who requires training in operating a Mobile Crane. This course is delivered and assessed through a combination of classroom based theory and practical assessments.
At the end of the training, delegates will be able to:
- Operate mobile cranes safely and productively.
- Respond to recognized crane hand signals accurately.
- Position the crane correctly.
- Alter jib lengths and associated safety devices.
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine maintenance.
- Understand load charts.
- Program safe load indicators.
- Understand the effects of radius change on the safe working capacity.
- Recognize the principles of safe slinging, the types and capacities of chains, slings and lifting gear.
- Understand the safe use of outriggers.
- Be aware of transport regulations and how to prepare to go on the public highway.
This course is designed if you have basic crane knowledge. If you wish to refresh your skills, we offer a short duration course.
On completion of this course successful candidates will receive a Certificate of Mobile Crane.
There is no revalidation period for this type of training, however refresher training is recommended for every 3 years.